Hosted Voice is the WXC cloud-based telephony system that provides truly reliable and feature-rich next-generation Voice and Video services to the home and business.
VFX is the next generation in telephony. Using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) VFX simply combines you calling onto your internet connection providing you with high quality voice calling.
What is VFX
VFX is our flagship Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service. Because VFX uses VoIP technology it simply treats your voice call as another piece of data, much like your normal internet content. However the voice calls are given higher priority over your normal data so that the telephone calls are delivered in the highest quality.
The WXC VFX service converts your voice calls into data and uses your high speed copper or fibre broadband connection to send and receive calls via our integrated IP network.
Connect one of our VoIP services into your home to experience premium voice quality, powerful new features, and great savings.
The VFX service comes as 3 options:
Feature-rich phone line that runs across any broadband connection. The cost is $11.50 per month, and comes with a range of features and very low calling rates.
Additional VoIP line that can be added for the same price, and includes the full standard feature suite.
VoIP login that allows you to connect your own device to our network.
VFX comes with a wide range of telephone features free. These include:
- Caller ID
- Voicemail - including sending a copy of the message to your email address
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding Options
These features are all included in the VFX service.
Add additional features to your existing VFX line such as Remote Office.
Receive your faxes via your email inbox - no requirement for physical fax machine.
VFX offers some of the most competitive calling rates in the market.
- Local calling remains free for residential customers
- Calls to other VFX users (including those on Fusion bundles) are also free
- Very low rates internationally, you will only pay 5 cents per minute to anywhere in NZ, Australia, the US, UK and others.
A full rate plan can be found here VFX Calling Rate Plan
- VFX does not include a Broadband connection – click here to find out more information on Broadband plans to use with VFX. Or save even more money by switching to a Fusion phone and internet package
- WXC recommends MP264 all in one unit for hardware. This unit can be used with WXC's ADSL, VDSL & UFB.
- VFX requires a VoIP capable hardware/software device and an active Broadband Internet connection in order to work. See certified and supported Hardware list or if you wish to use uncertified/unsupported hardware you can configure your own service as “Open VFX”. Open VFX is designed for the technically savvy customer who wants to use their own uncertified voice equipment. The cost is $11.50 per month; and works the same as the normal VFX service and you receive all the same great VFX features/options.
- This is a different product to Fusion if you wish to disconnect your Landline then please see Fusion Internet and Phone Packages
- If you wish to keep your existing number there will be a one off fee of $11.50 to have it transferred from your current supplier.
- Please note that unlike our Fusion package, VFX services are NOT Emergency Services compliant.
- All prices quoted include GST